12.06.2013

As the Semester Ends

Allie, Winston, Catherine and me one day before our photography class! What great, Christ-loving friends I have made through this class.

As the busy school life filled with endless projects, tests and homework dwindles down and the excitement of winter break starts rising, I can look back on this past semester and I am overwhelmed with joy and content. In the past 5 months so many new friendships have formed. I can't even begin to explain how much God has blessed me and answered my prayers further than I could have imagined. So many memories have been made and I wish I had a picture of each one so maybe I could share my happiness with everyone else. 

Camille, Emily and I headed back to Baton Rouge after an AMAZING weekend in Waco, TX for World Mandate in September!

Over these passed few months I have realized how great and amazing God's love for me is. Everyday I've been able to wake up and feel a full but also hungry heart. Full, because I know I have all I need in Christ, but hungry because I will never stop wanting to know more of Him. I am able to look back on the journal I have kept over this past year and see the way I have grown in my relationship with Jesus. I love being able to read through and see how Jesus has walked with me the entire year. The more I sought after Him, the more evident He appeared in my life. 


A little over half a year ago, I started attending Antioch Community Church. I know without a doubt that God had a calling on my life to be apart of this church.  The people here are filled with the love of God and have a fire in them that drives them to be world changers. Every week during the semester, we all come together in groups called Life Group! We eat, dance, worship, laugh, pray and do life together. Life group is something that has changed my life in such an incredible way. I don't think I would have made most of my friendships and grown in my walk with Christ without Life Group and these incredible college students.

Faith and me before our Life Group Christmas party! 

The most phenomenal thing that happened this semester was when all of our college students raised up money to purchase my best friend Faith and her family a car. Faith's family was in need and our college students were so excited to give what they had to help. We presented the car to her at one of our monthly college services and she was so SO shocked! I remember being so nervous that day, praying that I wouldn't give the surprise away some how. Thankfully I didn't and we all got to see the joy on her face as she saw the car for the first time. I don't think there was a dry eye during this moment. If you would like to see a picture from this you can view my Instagram post on it here

Sara and I at Tsunami's in Baton Rouge celebrating her 21st birthday!

This past semester has been BEYOND perfect. Looking back only makes me more excited to keep moving forward to see what else God has in store.  I just want to post a few more pictures from this past semester before my very first blog post comes to an end. 

Bear, Sara and I at the mall at 4 AM for black friday. He was working... we were shopping.
Disney World with my family!
Life Group Halloween party with Bear, Faith & Alex!
Faces painted for Bear's Project with Alexis & Ali!
 Genn, Faith and I celebrating fiesta style for Amanda's 21st birthday!
Taking selfies at World Mandate with Michael, Brandon, TJ & Jonathan! 

This just about wraps it all up. I can't wait to write about all the adventures in life I'll get to experience and all of the new ways I am shown God's love and beauty.


With love,





No comments:

Post a Comment